Announcement from Chairman -
Chairman Scott Stein has appointed Leerie Jenkins to serve the remainder of the term left vacant by Lee Heighton's appointment to Executive Director.
NAFA will host a leadership chat on Tuesday evening, June
9th starting at 7:30 p.m. CDT -
This is an opportunity to ask questions of the NAFA leadership regarding current
topics. Lee Heighton, the newly appointed Executive Director along with Scott
Stein, the newly elected Chairman of the Board will be present to take your
questions. Other members of the NAFA Board of Directors may also be present -
This will be a moderated chat to provide some order to the discussion. A
transcript of the chat will be posted to the NAFA website a few days after the
chat for those unable to make it. You can get into the chat through www.flyballinfo.com.
Announcement from the Board of Directors -
The NAFA Board of Directors regrettably announces the resignation of Executive Director, Sam Ford. Sam's resignation is a decision that was not made lightly. Sam feels that it is critical that the Executive Director have enough time to devote to the position. However, at this time he has decided that it would be too difficult for him to continue to devote the time needed to both this organization, and to the management of his personal business, during the current challenging economic climate.
The Board of Directors would like to extend its thanks to Sam for his years of service to NAFA and the excellent leadership he has provided. We thank Sam for his integrity, professionalism and the dedication that he brings to the sport of flyball and to the NAFA organization.
By unanimous vote the Board of Directors has elected Lee Heighton as Executive Director to complete Sam's remaining term of office. Scott Stein was unanimously elected to fill the position as Chair of the Board. Dale Smith was unanimously elected as Vice-Chair. Congratulations to these gentlemen on their new appointments.
March 21st, 2009 - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Judges approvals:
- Anna Sheppard, Abbotsford, British Columbia, promoted from apprentice to provisional
- Kyle Mankes, Holly Springs, NC, promoted from apprentice to provisional
- Jonathan Bescher, Clayton, NC, promoted from apprentice to provisional
- Regional Directors approval:
- Sharon Atkinson approved as RD for Region 21
- Rule Changes - effective 3/21/09:
- New C6 form approved for reporting results and tabulating fees
- Double running of dogs at limited tournaments - Section 6.2(ii) modified to permit double running "When all entries received for a tournament's limited entry regular class are accepted at the conclusion of the automated draw."
- New procedures adopted for aggression excusals
- Application of penalty for timesheet violations discovered during racing - Section 7.6 language added to clarify, "When a violation is discovered during a tournament, the offending team(s) will be deemed to have declared itself For Exhibition Only from that point forward. Races completed before the violation is discovered will not be rescored, but all future races will be scored as losses."
- Regional points for limited tournaments - Section 8.3(e) was amended:
- (ii) Regular classes limited below 20 teams that exclude a team at the conclusion of the automated draw will not count towards Regional Championship points or tie break times;
- (iii) Multi-breed classes limited below 12 teams that exclude a team at the conclusion of the automated draw will not count towards Multi-breed Championship points or tie break times;
- (iv) In a limited entry class of competition, if any entering Club is excluded at the conclusion of the automated draw, the class of competition will not count towards regional champion points or tie-break times.
- Print out a copy of these latest rule changes for your rule book!
Announcement from the Chairman -
Chairman Lee Heighton is sorry to announce that Lisa Peckham has resigned from the
Board of Directors due to personal reasons. He wants to thank Lisa for her years of service to
NAFA, including the development of our current website and the design of our brochures that have been so popular.
Karen Oleson has been appointed to fulfill the remainder of Lisa's term and the appointment has been
confirmed by a unanimous vote of the Board of Directors.