Announcements < Back to Announcements list
Announcements from NAFA Board of Directors Meeting
March 21st, 2009 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Judges approvals:
- Anna Sheppard, Abbotsford, British Columbia, promoted from apprentice to provisional
- Kyle Mankes, Holly Springs, NC, promoted from apprentice to provisional
- Jonathan Bescher, Clayton, NC, promoted from apprentice to provisional
- Regional Directors approval:
- Sharon Atkinson approved as RD for Region 21
- Rule Changes - effective 3/21/09:
- New C6 form approved for reporting results and tabulating fees
- Double running of dogs at limited tournaments - Section 6.2(ii) modified to permit double running "When all entries received for a tournament's limited entry regular class are accepted at the conclusion of the automated draw."
- New procedures adopted for aggression excusals
- Application of penalty for timesheet violations discovered during racing - Section 7.6 language added to clarify, "When a violation is discovered during a tournament, the offending team(s) will be deemed to have declared itself For Exhibition Only from that point forward. Races completed before the violation is discovered will not be rescored, but all future races will be scored as losses."
- Regional points for limited tournaments - Section 8.3(e) was amended:
- (ii) Regular classes limited below 20 teams that exclude a team at the conclusion of the automated draw will not count towards Regional Championship points or tie break times;
- (iii) Multi-breed classes limited below 12 teams that exclude a team at the conclusion of the automated draw will not count towards Multi-breed Championship points or tie break times;
- (iv) In a limited entry class of competition, if any entering Club is excluded at the conclusion of the automated draw, the class of competition will not count towards regional champion points or tie-break times.
- Print out a copy of these latest rule changes for your rule book!